If you have time time to offer as a volunteer, these are some of the opportunities
- Personal support such as making telephone calls, helping people to read letters, accompanying someone to the GP. (British Red Cross)
- Help with English : at various Talk English classes.
- Support in finding employment for refugees or volunteering opportunities as all asylum seekers and refugees are entitled to this.
- Help with skill-based training (computer skills are crucial).
- Translations/interpreting -Arabic, Kurdish Sorani, Amharic and Farsi at informal community events
- Help with transport
- Offering a spare room or a property you own for a night or longer for asylum seekers, through Refugees at Home.
- Help with organising sport and cultural events involving asylum seekers and refugees.
- Various volunteering opportunities are available on the Help In Preston website
If you have ideas, skills and time to offer, please just get in touch! By emailing us on: [email protected]
We will get back to you as soon as possible and put you in touch with our partner organisations who need particular volunteer help.
You can also help by